Poetry, articles, columns, opinion pieces, etc.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Until the End


Things are turned all upside down,
and upon my face is a frown.
But when I look out and see the sun,
I just want to forget it and go have fun.
Our time here goes by so fast,
thats why we need to make it last.
Life is full of challenging obstacles and tests,
that when we fight through them it brings out the best.
Sometimes it seems like its all I can take,
but I guess thats because its what we make.
I want to be the best I can be,
and people to truly know me.
I want to forget the mistakes of my past,
so the years to come can be a blast.
I dont really care what people think,
as long as while I sail through life, I dont sink.
Im not really one for fades or fashion,
Id rather be known for having compassion.
Life is gone in the blink of an eye,
so I want to live like Im not afraid to die.
I love to hangout with all my friends,
I hope their will never come an end.
As the days go by and weeks rush on,
it seems before I know it a year is gone.
Each day is going at a different pace,
with a new look on my face,
for life is one hell of a crazy race.
I want to make a name,
but sometimes I feel like giving up on this game.
As days come and go,
the distance between reality and dream grow.
I know that I am no longer a kid,
and will soon have to prove the things I did.
I can choose to live my life many ways,
whichever will provide me with the most memorable days,
I want to break out and try something new,
but I tell myself to keep pushing through.
I will keep strong with my belief,
so that at the end of my life I can be relieved,
that all my goals have been achieved.
Everyday my mind is full of reason,
which I express through each season.

No comments: