Poetry, articles, columns, opinion pieces, etc.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Feeling at Peace


When I am here I feel at ease, as if the world we live in is perfect and all my problems drift away. The thoughts of peace and happiness flow in as each wave crashes down. Looking out over the vast horizon, as far as the eye can see, it appears as if there is no end. So big and powerful this place is, but when I am here it feels so calm, so relaxing, so refreshing. As monstrous and forceful as I know it can be, I sense only tranquility. Believing it could do no harm or violence.
Watching the dolphins jump into the waves as the sunset falls into the water reassures me of how beautiful this world can be. There is no expensive show or high-tech special effects that could manipulate the experience. This sight I was witnessing is pure, natural beauty that only the wild can possess. The whole sky fills with shades of every color, looking too fake to be true. A picturesque scene, that is so perfect and so real. As I sit there immerged in this setting with nothing distracting me, it as if I am on top of the world, free as the dolphins below. Too much too see, too much to feel that I can soak it all in.

I am in an isolated existence away from the daily life and times we are surrounded by. I am away from the people, away from the mayhem, away from technology, away from society. Solitude surrounds my body and everything, everyone disappear along with the sun as it lays down for rest. Restituting my own body back to simplicity and clarity. The breaths of clean, coastal air fill my entire body with serenity.

At this time in the day with nothing but the sound of the waves, the changing colors of the sky and the serene sea waters is where I want to be forever. Where I go when things get too complicated, too hard and it instills a sensation of rejuvenation. As I leave this place, the experience alone is enough to make it last. Gaining a new energy and consciousness to make it through as I go back into the world I just momentarily escaped from. I am only in this place for a short time even though it seems like an eternity.

The freshness of the ocean breeze and coolness of the wind creates a feeling of purity and nature. So far from the reality of our world where we are trapped in the urban lifestyle with no escape into the natural, yet it is so close in distance to the place we live in everyday. The affects of this place possess an atmosphere of a different world, a million miles away. Not only a different place physically but in state of mind. I am in balance of mind, body and soul. It is hard to even describe the essence of this place and the aura it gives.

No comments: