Poetry, articles, columns, opinion pieces, etc.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Everything will be alright


Every night when we say goodbye,
I hope that you’ll be alright

I lie in bed and ponder what we’ve said,
the thoughts and feelings of you drifting through my head

I fall asleep to the sound of your voice,
and wake to the thought of your smile

I want so bad to feel your heart and soul close to me,
I want to be with you, hold on tight and never let go for all eternity

You make me feel like I know,
I’ve found something real

If I had but only one day with you or a million years alone,
I know that one day together would feel like forever,
I would risk it all to have just one chance

My sleepless nights are spent thinking about you,
the love we have, has turned out to be more than any imaginable,
more than a dream, more than a fairytale,
but all of reality

I should rise tired but feel more energized than ever before,
knowing we have each other

You help me make it through the day,
and handle everything that comes my way

What we have is something special and rare,
with nothing else that can compare

I have an everlasting smile on my face and spark in my heart,
caused by the sheer idea of us

I know my heart won’t lie,
when it comes to you and I

No measure of distance or obstacles given,
can ever keep us apart

Always know we are together holding hands on the beach,
talking all night, kissing and holding each other tight
Everytime I see you, everytime I talk to you, every time I feel you,
My heart continues melting

I’ll keep loving you,
as long I am living, breathing, being

Like a childhood crush,
pure bliss and excitement control me

Life’s greatest surprises are best filled when we are least expecting it, where we’d never vision possible, this has proven true with you

My heart has never been so filled and open since you came into my life,
you have healed it from the past pain

I don’t question us or how the future will go,
I can only put all my faith trusting it will be

What we have is too strong, too real to change,
only grow more close, more meaningful

Always in my thoughts, always in my heart,
this is just the beginning to no end

No comments: