Poetry, articles, columns, opinion pieces, etc.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Feels So Right


Feels So Right

As things come and go with many uncertainties of tomorrow, the future,
there is one thing I know is for sure, one true thing I know will last forever.
You’re the one I need, the one I believe,
I can promise I will never leave.

With time passing by so fast,
I look back and wonder where the weeks go,
but the days seem to drag on so slow without you here,
in the moment life is incomplete.

I never loved someone so much,
I never knew I could love this much.
Lost the thought of finding someone until you came along,
everywhere I go, everything I do is with you, about us.

All my life to hold my hand through it all, to fill my promises,
a gift of life, of love to give purpose, hope and meaning.
Everyday I feel it all over and over again,
will never have to pretend.

We’ve found our way into something that was lost,
something that was gone or given up on,
with our borders up, to protect ourselves,
now it is only us that can protect each other.

Half a world away in distance,
in each other’s hearts it will be okay.
Honey, it is late I just need to hold you, be with you,
when will we be home to see it through?

Lonely nights are what kill me,
feeling lost in your arms to set me free,
softly whispering how I love you,
is where I want to be.

I want to be the one you come to when your days are gray,
to brighten the ray.
The one you come to when life is all good,
because I always believed you could.

Always there for you in thick and thin, good and bad,
to provide an outlet when life gets sad.
When things are tough and the day is over,
we know we will at least have each other.
Time won’t change how I feel,
these feelings are too real.
Everyday that passes, every year that is gone,
it can only grow more intoxicating, more powerful.

Only you can make me love this strong,
give me a reason, the motivation for this feeling.
You are always in my heart,
always on my mind.

To hear you in the morning is a fresh start to my day,
would never want it any other way.
Waking to your body, watching you sleep,
so peaceful, so natural.

It hurts so bad to be away, it’s not fair,
but the pain goes far away,
when I believe in what we have,
knowing that everyday is closer to you.

Falling into our time with your arms wrapped around me,
I couldn’t want anything more, I am alive!
All my other dreams don’t seem so important,
compared to the life that you fulfill in me.

Learning to unite our lives, become one
through the struggles,
making the compromises,
baby it will be okay.

I want to know what makes you happy,
what makes you hurt,
and do my best to make it all you imagine,
all you believe this can be.

Watch you while you sleep,
feeling your heart beating against my head,
with every breath you take,
I love you as you are.

Now I know I need you,
more than a feeling inside,
I am no longer alone, apart of you will live in me,
for all eternity.

This is where we belong,
raising a family,
growing old together,
ageing in our time, with only you.

I imagine it now and completely trust the thoughts,
just feels so right, feels so comfortable,
never fighting the urge of what seems real, what feels perfect
it’s simple, so simple.

I love our conversations when we talk about everything,
when we talk about nothing,
laughing at each other,
just being me, just being you.

It wasn’t a dream when I woke up and had you there,
from being so independent,
I am now relying on your love,
dependent on everything you do to me.

I can get use to this,
can’t imagine life without you now,
of never thinking of forever,
to all I know and want.

We are meant to be together,
we belong to each other,
when we say forever,
it is true.

No comments: